Welcome to HYSA KITCHEN! Warm chicken pie is a great dinner option. Let's cook it with the HYSapientia Air Fryer Oven!
For the pastry
- 150g cold butter, cut into cubes, plus extra for the dish
- 400g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100ml white wine or dry sherry
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100ml crème fraîche or double cream
- 1 tbsp mustard (we used wholegrain, but use whatever variety you have)
- 1. In a casserole dish over low heat, melt the butter. Cook for 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the leeks are soft and the mixture begins to boil. Add the leeks, chicken, herbs, and seasonings. When the mixture forms gruel, add the flour and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the stock, whipped cream, or sherry after pouring in the wine or sherry and letting it bubble for one minute. Simmer for a while. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes, or until done. Remove from heat, season to taste, and allow cool fully. Pour the mixture into a container, then chill it for up to two hours. can be stored in the refrigerator for two days.
- 2. To prepare the pastry, knead the butter and a dash of salt into the flour until thoroughly incorporated. Hand-knead the ingredients into a dough, adding a little more water if necessary, along with half of the beaten eggs and 4 tablespoons of ice water. Knead thoroughly for one minute, then let cool for one hour.
- 3. Grease a 20 cm loose-bottom cake pan with butter. Roll out the remaining two-thirds of the pastry until it is big enough to have some foil protrusions. Spoon it into the filling after using it to line the tin.
The leftover dough should be rolled out until it is big enough to cover the pie. The remaining beaten egg should be used to lightly brush the pastry edges before covering the pie to seal it. Trim the edges, then use a fork to press them shut. Cool before beginning to cook. Will stay cold for up to 24 hours.
- 4. After lightly scoring the pie with a sharp knife in the shape of a cross, brush the pie with the remaining beaten egg. Achieve golden brown results by preheating the HYSapientia air fryer oven to 200°C, baking for 20 minutes, then brushing with the remaining eggs, seasoning with sea salt flakes, and baking for another 15 to 20 minutes. After removing from the HYSapientia air fryer oven and giving it a 10-minute resting period, gently transfer the baked goods to a plate, cut them into wedges, and serve the chicken pie. Recipe by HYSA KITCHEN.