For the pastry
- 125g chilled and diced butter
- 125g lard
- 500g plain flour, plus extra
- 1 egg, beaten
- 350g beef skirt or chuck steak, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 175g swede, peeled, finely diced
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Mix the butter, lard, and salt into the flour with your hands or a food processor. Add 6 tablespoons of cold water and knead to a firm dough. Allow it cool for 20 minutes after cutting into 4 equal pieces.
2. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the filling mixture. Each piece of dough should be rolled out until it is large enough to create a circle that is approximately 23 cm in diameter. Use a plate to trim the dough into the desired shape.
Each round should have a fourth of the filling firmly packed down the middle, leaving an edge at each end. Brush the beaten egg along the pastry's edges before carefully bringing the sides together at the top and pinching them shut to seal. Lift onto a nonstick baking sheet, then glaze with the last of the egg.
3. Preheat the HYSapientia Air Fryer Oven to 200°C for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C and bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.