Looking for a mouthwatering apple pie recipe that you can easily make at home? Look no further than this delicious homemade apple pie recipe from Hysa Kitchen. With the perfect combination of buttery pastry, juicy apples, and aromatic cinnamon, this apple pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Here's how to make it:
- 225g butter, room temperature
- 50g golden caster sugar, plus extra
- 2 eggs
- 350g plain flour, preferably organic
- Softly whipped cream, to serve
- 1kg Bramley apples
- 140g golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- Preheat your Hysa Kitchen air fryer oven to 190°C.
- Start by preparing the apples. Slice, core, peel, and cut them into quarters that are about 5 mm thick. Spread them out evenly on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- In a sizable bowl, combine the butter and sugar for the pastry. Add in one egg yolk and whisk for less than a minute, until it resembles scrambled eggs. Add the flour gradually and mix until it begins to clump. Bring the dough together with your hands, lightly roll into a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine 140g sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Add the apples to the bowl and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Roll out two-thirds of the chilled pastry on a floured surface and use it to line a 20-22 cm diameter pie tin that is 4 cm deep. Trim off the excess pastry and leave a small overhang. Pour the apple mixture into the pastry-lined tin.
- Roll out the remaining third of the pastry into a 28 cm diameter circle and place it on top of the apples. Moisten the edges of the pastry and press them together to seal. Use a sharp knife to make five small slashes on top of the lid to allow steam to escape. Brush the top with egg whites and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake the apple pie in your HYSapientia air fryer oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with softly whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of sugar on top.
Enjoy your delicious homemade apple pie, courtesy of Hysa Kitchen!