Ready For Christmas? Christmas Cake Recipe - HYSA KITCHEN
1kg mixed dried fruit (use a mix of raisins, sultanas, currants, cherries, cranberries, prunes or figs)
zest and juice 1 orange
zest and juice 1 lemon
150ml brandy, Sherry, whisky or rum, plus extra for feeding
250g pack butter, softened
200g light soft brown sugar
175g plain flour
100g ground almond
½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
100g flaked almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 kg of mixed dried fruit, the zest and juice of 1 orange, 1 lemon, 150 ml of brandy or other alcoholic beverage, 250 g of softened butter, and 200 g of light brown sugar.
2. Boil for two minutes, then turn down the heat and simmer for five minutes. Place fruit combination in a big bowl, and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Use two layers of baking parchment to line a 20 cm deep cake pan. Then, double the outside bun and secure with twine.
4. To the fruit mixture, add 4 big eggs, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 175 g of plain flour, 100 g of almond flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp spice mix, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp ground cloves. Good stirring Verify that no flour sacks are present.
5. Pour onto the baking sheet that has been prepared and level the top with a spatula. Bake for 100 to 120 minutes in the centre of HYSapientia air fryer oven at 140 degrees. You must turn it back on when the preset period, which may be set to up to 60 minutes, has passed.