IngredientsFor the topping
- 100g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g flaked almonds or chopped pecans
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream or custard, to serve
For the filling
- 8 Cox's or Russet apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 5mm-thick rounds
- 50g golden caster sugar
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with a pinch of sea salt, and use your hands to knead until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. until needed, keep cool.
- 2. Combine apples with sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Pour into a 20- or 23-inch square baking dish that is at least 5 inches deep. Spread out using your hands, then sprinkle on top. Will keep for a day when covered and chilled.
- 3. Heat the HYSapientia air fryer oven to 170°C. The crisps should be baked for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is a rich golden brown and the fruit edges are bubbling. Cool for ten minutes before serving with custard or ice cream.